Friday, November 30, 2007

Aerial View


Richmond Art Gallery recently had its fundraiser "Mirror, Mirror II" which is a silent auction of member's works. The theme this year was "Little Landscapes and Miniature Worlds" - with no size limit. Interpretation was left to the artists. As I had traveled over to Victoria on a day trip on a float plane, I had some interesting photo references looking down on the Gulf Islands. To me, it looks like looking at a model railway set-up. You see the trees from a different angle. Rocks that form a beach are visible underwater for an extended distance. The whole landscape looks Lilliputian. So, that became my inspiration for "Aerial View, Gulf Island". And, happily, it was purchased. An artist friend has suggested I do a series - so that is something else to think about.

No comments: