Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Opening Thursday with reception


Thursday night, my show at White Rock Community Arts Council opens, The gallery is at Windsor Square mall - 90- 1959 152 Street, South Surrey. Regular hours are Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4:30pm and Saturday from 11am to 3pm. The reception is June 5 from 7pm to 9pm. Although the invitations read that the show continues to June 30th, it will actually be taken down on the 28th, because of the long weekend with Canada Day being on the Tuesday. I have a variety of pieces in this show - from a grid of 16 apples to a couple of street scenes from Rome. The apple grid is being hung with one apple with a bite out of it - but I painted an alternate square in case someone wants all whole apples! This is a nice space and sales from here go to support Community Arts Council activities. Because of grants, I am asked to say something "educational" when introduced - so I think I'll do a little explaining about the nature of acrylics and what they are.

No comments: