Friday, April 24, 2009

Doors Open Richmond


Doors Open is this next weekend - May 2nd and 3rd and it looks like we will have good weather too! I'm celebrating having the window in my painting area now turned into French doors. It is a great improvement in terms of light and I might even move onto the patio to paint in good weather. So, the main effort has been getting things organized so that people can enjoy the visit. I'm making more printed out explanations of painting groupings so it will be interesting to check reactions to them. For instance, I will put the paintings of my Dad's tools on the workbench along with a large plane that he had. Some of the new paintings from the trip cannot be shown as they are scheduled to be at "Cork and Canvas" - and then at Summer Gallery. More news on those events later...
The Doors Open brochure has my painting of part of the Steveston Fleet in it - although, on the brochure, it is just the top part of the painting. Here is the whole thing...
More information on Doors Open is at: www.richmond.ca/doorsopen

No comments: