Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gateway Theatre Exhibit


Richmond Artists Guild was asked to provide an exhibit of paintings for the lobby of Gateway Theatre. Margreth Fry organized the exhibit. There was a size limit and it was to be one painting per person. The exhibit can be visited when the ticket office is open in the daytime and when there are performances in the evening. The show will probably run for six weeks. I picked "The New Walking Stick" as my entry. I thought it wa suitable for the season with the spring greenery. It is acrylic on canvas and is unframed since it is wrap-around canvas. I'd rather not frame paintings but leave it up to a purchaser to frame or not frame and to choose what suits their decor and other paintings that they may own. I wonder if the man with the walking stick will be walking to a new home when the exhibit finishes?

No comments: