Monday, November 7, 2016

GuessWho?

Above is my 10x10 that sold at GuessWho? and also a photo of people figuring out what painting they wanted .
    My sailboat was mostly painted with a small palette knife as there were smaller details on it but I didn't want it to get "bitty" with using a small brush - and I also wanted the paint to be reasonably thick. I think you can really see that it is along the coast because of the way the land slopes up. It is one of the coastal islands with the typical  rocky shore and growth of evergreens.It has gone to a good home.  It was interesting working on the reflections- very different with the darker colours than when I worked on reflections on a sunny day in Steveston for Once Upon a Reflection (on April 1st blog)  I also put in, for GuessWho?,  the one I did in the Ladner GrandPrix but I think it has much more limited appeal so it didn't sell. I think I will paint over it.
    The sale did fairly well but not as well as last year - so there won't be quite as much money raised for the Food Bank, unfortunately.  I think people are unsettled and concerned over the US Elections., so we will have to see how the sale goes next year.

No comments: