Thursday, October 9, 2008

Albert


I've recently returned home from two weeks in the Czech Republic and one week in Rome. I am planning paintings based on this change of scenery. So far, I haven't picked up a brush as I was distressed at how thin and listless Albert the cat was. I made a veterinarian's appointment and a number of tests were done and x-rays taken. Poor Albert had cancer. He was a wonderful cat, very loving and full of personality and ideas as to how he wanted things to be. He was also very handsome with fluffy black fur and long white whiskers. I painted his portrait a few years back and it was hung for a show in Richmond Art Gallery. I held him in my arms so he would know he was loved while he was put to sleep. I wanted to be supportive for him as he had been so loving over the years. Albert is much missed.

No comments: