Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Busy Weekend-


This Saturday is the Artists for Animals auction for the Kensington Foundation. It will be at the Cambrian Hall 215 E.17th Avenue, Vancouver with the viewing starting at 11:30. I have donated paintings from my Iconic Edibles series. A catalog and more details are at the Kensington Foundation's website.
Sunday is the Calendar Launch for 2010 Multifaith Calendar. It is from 2-4 pm at St.Andrew's Theological College, U.B.C. There will be refreshments and local artists will be there with their art. I am borrowing back "Enduring" from Richmond Hospital. This art calendar is very popular as it shows religious holidays for all different religions. The little cat, "Streetwise", is here because I just recently made some changes to it - one thing I like about acrylics. I decided a bit of palette-knife work could add to the fur and give the painting more life. This is a cat who meows in French.

No comments: