Saturday, January 7, 2012

Another year...


Here we go with 2012- and new experiences in art. "Nets" is a recent painting that was a bit of an experiment. It ended up being really interesting to do and at our Guild critique just before Christmas, the guest doing the critiques liked it and said it was "controlled chaos". I'm thinking of doing something else almost as complicated and using the same approach, which ended up being almost meditative. I worked a section at a time, not thinking of anything beyond the section I was working on. At the tag end, I did some work pulling it together but it didn't need a lot. My aim for 2012 is to do lots of drawing in different media and to just have fun with painting and see what develops. Currently I'm doing a collage and will post it when it is finished.

No comments: