Friday, February 12, 2016

Careers for Cats

Sometimes it is fun to be silly. I was reading about a book by Ann Dziemianowicz called "Careers for Your Cat" which seems like a great fun book to have ... although I think I may be spending my money on kibbles and litter instead. Without the book's Meowers-Brigg Career/Personality Test, I had to just think of the cat's natural inclinations. I don't know if these occupations would be in the 34 suggested in the book- but I had fun with these. My drawings are not as clever cartoons as the ones in the book by Ann Boyajian but I felt there were limits to Digby and Isabella's appreciation of humour and I didn't want any feelings to be hurt.  Isabella is a natural for a massage therapist as her "pummeling" is unparalleled. Surely she could get clients if she posted a sign. Digby's loudness would make him a natural for a Town Crier but I am afraid that job may no longer be available so his desire to greet everyone would translate nicely into a paid job as a doorman.  I drew these in ink while waiting for a car oil-change and then I used coloured pencils to colour them in.  Digby was born without a proper tail - I didn't just forget it. Getting an intense black can take awhile in  pencil crayon so I did a first layer of blue-violet for richness and then used a blender to finish. These are just "play" pieces in the current sketchbook- just for fun - although the serious side is that play is actually important to keep creative ideas flowing

No comments: