Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Flowers for February

     This is a  new one just completed. I used it on my February newsletter but it doesn't show it all, because of the shape. Originally, I wanted to have blue and white stripes in the background but the piece of cloth I was *sure* I had, couldn't be found so I ended up with plain blue instead. The stripes probably would have changed the whole mood of the painting, so maybe it was all for the best.
    I've just been reading that sales are down in some areas at the high-priced art auctions. I think it is unfortunate that people often don't trust their own eyes and follow what they personally like. According to the article, the really rich are still buying as "every collection has to have a Picasso, a Richter, a Warhol". Buying by "signature" is sad, I think. There is a lot of good art out there- a lot of it very affordable and something that a person can continually enjoy.  There are Picassos I like, and lots that I wouldn't want on my wall if I was among the very rich. Why not just have what you like?

No comments: