Monday, November 3, 2008

Artist Choice Show at Federation Gallery

Opening on November 4th at the Federation Gallery on Granville Island is a juried show called "Artist Choice". It is always an interesting show as it is open to any subject, and medium and any style. It's also a challenge to figure out what to enter... as in, "What do I want to represent me at this stage?" This year I entered my winter street scene from Rome. (See my latest gallery) I had a lot of fun layering on glazes to get the effect of shadows on the cobblestones and buildings. Fortunately, the judges liked it too - and it is in the show - which runs through November 16th. Our small drawing group is well-represented as Tanya Bone has had a painting accepted and Larry Tillyer has two in the show. The images will also be shown on the website for the Federation of Canadian Artists.

No comments: