Monday, February 6, 2012

Newsletter done-


I've just done the February newsletter - although there are no actual events or shows in February, for the public. Our drawing sessions and meeting take place, however and work goes on in organizing upcoming events.I put "Memories" on the newsletter, after trying this one of the pan-flute player. Unfortunately, he really didn't fit the space well. Too bad, I like his character face. This was one of series of using the tall, narrow canvas for figure studies. It can be interesting to play around with canvases in different proportions. In real life, the pan-flute was a lighter colour - but it made too stark a contrast so I glazed it over to a deeper golden colour. That is one of the things I like about acrylics - you can change your mind even when the painting is pretty well "finished".

No comments: