Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

     Here is Digby in formal attire to lend a touch of class to the greetings. He actually was very good about wearing this collar but is now back in his regular "BirdsBeSafe" collar. This would hardly do for squeezing through a fence anyway!
     I'll be drawing at Adrienne's  tomorrow and doing studio painting with the Men in Hats on Tuesday, Life Drawing Wednesday night - so back in the full swing of things. I'm waiting to do my newsletter until I know for sure that we, Richmond Artists Guild, have our display up in the Gulf of Georgia Cannery. It should be going up on the 8th and then will be there through the Farmer's Market on the 18th when there is free admission to the Cannery. Then it is planned to change the display for February. This may then become an ongoing - albeit changing- display. It is another opportunity to let people see some of the good work that is being  done by local artists.
     Tuesday I want some opinions on the almost finished painting of a fish-boat loading on the seine net. I've finished and just varnished one of the Britannia Shipyards waterfront so I will photograph it. Then I'm starting one of Bob as a fisherman as a painting. I used him on last month's newsletter in the  pastel on paper version that I did in Life Drawing. The start is now on canvas and I'll work on it Tuesday. Maybe I will finally finish the set of matreshkas I started *months* ago!

No comments: