Sunday, February 1, 2015

February begins

Here is the full painting of Bob that I used for the February newsletter. This is acrylic on canvas and was a studio painting painted from the pastel done from life, aided with two reference photos. I used the pastel for the January newsletter. Some people call pastels "pastel paintings", but I think of them as drawings as I leave a fair bit of the coloured paper uncovered.  The acrylic painting is much more solid because the whole canvas is covered in paint. The pastel is on the blog for December 14th
    Today is the first Sunday in February and there will be some special clown services in some churches - one takes place in Hackney, London. Usually, it is dedicated to Joseph Grimaldi - the outside nesting doll in my last post. Who knew?

No comments: