Saturday, May 25, 2019

DoorsOpen on June 1st and 2nd

Here is a new one - 30"x24" that I will be showing for DoorsOpen this coming weekend - June 1st and 2nd. It is a dance of golden birch leaves around the old trunk in the fall- based on a tree in my garden. I say "based" because every painting gets adjusted for what the painting wants and so, varies from what a photograph might show. There should be more of an individuality to a painting - a feeling of "hands on" that a photo can't show. And of course,  seeing the actual painting is different again from seeing a photo of the painting. One of the nicest compliments I ever had was a collector telling me that every time he looked at a painting I had done, he saw something different again. so, whether it is this painting or a different one, take a good look at an actual original painting and enjoy the difference.

No comments: