Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy 2010


Here we are at the end of a decade! Remember when the big fear, going in to 2000, was computers crashing and airplanes falling from the sky? Well, they didn't and here we are looking back on ten years and wondering what this next year will bring. For me, I hope there is lots of art activity. The guild managed to get the painting room for the weekend of the 19th and 20th and we had a good session painting a model. It was great to get actual paints out - rather than pastels- and have enough hours to finish. Unless I am painting something small, outdoors, there is no way I can complete a painting in two hours. As usual, I was painting with acrylics on canvas. We had our lovely model in a replica ballgown, kindly supplied by Sharon. It made a good subject. From my position, a couldn't see very much of the skirt, so I just did head and shoulders. Since then, not much in painting - but I did "create" Christmas dinner - and there is a whole year ahead!

No comments: