Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Show at Gateway


Monday, My show at Gateway Theatre was hung. It will be there until February 28th and can be viewed when performances are on and also Monday to Friday from 9 to 1 and 2 to 5. (Enter via the box office door.) It is paintings from my trip to the Czech Republic and Rome - plus a few others. This is what I wrote for the "Statement" - European Memories- While I enjoy painting this wonderful part of the world where we live, I also find excitement in painting a different environment. These scenes of the Czech Republic and Italy bring back treasured memories that I am happy to share. I love paint, brushwork and the play of light and colour. the way light hits cobblestones, shines off red tile roofs and creates delightful reflections in water is all very special. While I want places to be recognizable, I edit and emphasize to create a feeling and capture the essence of a moment. This is one of the paintings in the show- Prague Rooftops.

1 comment:

Kent said...

Loving your paintings that are hanging at The Gateway and very glad we've got them for awhile longer.