Sunday, March 3, 2013

"Pots 'n Shards"

-and started to think about where the light was hitting- The brick wall is clearer and the plastic bins more established. However, at this point I felt like I was getting a bit lost in the piles of pots  and decided that the next step would be going back in and "drawing" - with paint- the shapes some more. I decided to post the steps of this one as it is such a challenge. This way, I will finish out of sheer stubbornness. It is one of those paintings where you think"what a neat idea" - and, obviously it will fit the theme of "Pots 'n Paints"- but then you start wondering about your sanity for having started it. I'll check the measurements as I forget - had to get a canvas stretched to the size I worked out - I think it is 16 or 17 inches wide and 30 inches tall. My aim is to have it  done for the show in June that we are having with the Richmond Potters. I'm also working on another one - for consolation?- of a model with a coffee cup. More posts will follow...

No comments: