Monday, May 27, 2013

"Morning Break"

This is a painting I did a few years ago but it remains one of my favorites and I just chose it to go by my name on the website of Canadian Painters. I accidentally found I was listed there- apparently the list is a hobby of Francois Lareau- and is really quite amazing!   I'm getting a bit more organized after DoorsOpen although I still don't have the stacks of additional paintings all  properly set up yet.  Wednesday night is our "long pose" for Life Drawing - a model in a costume so I have to sort out what papers I have for pastels. I think it is time to restock my supply. I used to like cream and buff a lot - but lately I've been enjoying working on darker colours.  Then, this weekend, a workshop to look forward to - portrait painting with David Goatley . I have to catch up on my photography too as  finally decided that the "pots" painting is finished and I'll have to photograph  its final incarnation plus the last "long pose" from Life Drawing, etc.

No comments: