Sunday, March 1, 2015

Poppies revisited

This is one of my newer experiments ... just playing around. Because of a presentation by Nicoletta Baumeister and a painting display by William Watt, I was thinking about stripes. This *was* a straightforward painting of California poppies until I decided to add another element to it. So, out with the masking paint and adding Sap Green and Prussian Blue. Then, when the tape was off, it needed some lines to carry over some of the stripes- plus some more added collage dots. Then I offset some of the petals on the stripes and painted them in a periwinkle blue - as the complementary. I think there is an added layer of interest - not just an added layer of paint. I have plans for more California poppies and more stripes in a slightly different way. I'm not sure where I am going with this - but art is always an interesting journey.

No comments: